» Welcome Guest :: Log In :: New Posts

SiNNeRz
a420_b_smokin_m - a*Fire*within - amoon - Byte_Me - Diabolical - DruidMagik - Dusk - FEAR_THE_DEMON - Fire)\/(an - Foxhound - GurL - Guns - KidKill - )\/(artin - Masked Avenger! - m3d!c@t!0n - Mercinary - Oberon - Phython - Queen_B - Q-Ball - rAveN - rOxxx - Runnin - Slatts - Straycat - the_Kleaner - TokZik - Trodger - TwistyTank - WiLdEr - Wolverine - VA - Vicious - Xofer - Ye@_Right - Ylran ... and growing!
1v1 Server: .......................
20 player Server: 108.178.44.218:7778

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maps on server< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
slatts Offline
Overlord

Group: Super Administrators
Posted: Mar. 04 2008,11:46

hey folks just a little up date.
i have been getting some complaints with the down loads from the redirect server.
took a couple of days for us to figure out why some peps had probs and others didn't

we thought it was a firewall problem. this isn't the case. maps and textures are fast and music is slow. this due to file size.
my files... seems the maps that i did or re-did, have large music files. so i will be re-doing some of them.
in order to keep it simple for the people. i will also be changing the name of some of the maps. this is the best way.
if i don't you will get a version mismatch. and the only way to fix this is for you to delete the said file.
you will have to down load the music and map again, but the textures will stay the same.

by doing so i hope to increase traffic to the server...
we all do the same thing when waiting for a long DL.
move to another server.. lol.

--------------
Profile PM MSN 
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 04 2008,13:36

sux, but sounds like a good idea bro.  i'll keep in mind to keep .umx file sizes down as much as i can for my next maps too.  :;):
slatts Offline
Overlord

Posted: Mar. 05 2008,12:05

Quote (BaNe @ Mar. 04 2008,14:36)
sux, but sounds like a good idea bro.  i'll keep in mind to keep .umx file sizes down as much as i can for my next maps too.  :;):

that program i steared you to will rock.
keep in mind if you take a average song of about 4 to 5 min.
will = 45 meg on average.
that will be at the un-edited rate @ 41000 HTZ. 24 bit, stereo.

if you convert to mono size will be 22.5 megs.
then drop it down to 8 bit rate as needed by UT. should bring it on average to about 12 megs.
the key is to make sure you drop the HTZ to about 22000 cycles per second.
this will make the size around 3 to 5 megs on average... all depending on the lenth of the song you started with.
also you can use the clippings as well.. say a song has a 20 to 30 second into that you can't really hear... or a long ending... you can cut this out as well... saves space.

:D

keep in mind this is still in wave format.
and if your asking about the HTZ... well 41000 htz is equal to stereo cd quality comming out of your home stereo speakers.
22000 htz is about the same quailty you get from fm radio.
12000 htz is equal to transister radio if that helps ya any...
don't go below 22000 htz... or your songs will sound like they came out of a tin can... by the time you get them to a UTX.
and into a map you will figure this out... and have to start over... lol.  :laugh:

Edited by slatts on Mar. 05 2008,12:11

--------------
Profile PM MSN 
slatts Offline
Overlord

Posted: Mar. 17 2008,11:41

ok i have updated the ~SiN~Waroom... smaller file sizes... added some stuff and changed some path nodes. the AI rocks now. should have it up in a couple of days... had to put my time into building a new rig from the ground up... for the guy up the street... for him the system rocks... and it was free! wish i had a camera... didn't know a jaw could hang that low when i gave it to him... :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM MSN 
3 replies since Mar. 04 2008,11:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Quick Reply: Maps on server
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Enable your signature?
Enable emoticons?
Track this topic?
View All Emoticons
View iB Code